Breathtaking Meteora with DelphiGeo Starco
Breathtaking Meteora with Delphi
These 2 sites are easily the top visitor stops of mainland Greece. With historical significance, breathtaking beauty and scenic drives between, this 2-day excursion is an easy pick to round up any trip.
Exploring the navel of the earth, Delphi and the sacred region of Meteora, will add some mystique to your trip to Athens and the islands.
During the first day of your excursion, you will visit the sanctuary of Delphi, considered the center of the earth, where the renowned oracle of ancient Greece was situated. You will be captivated by the archaeological site of Delphi and its impressive Museum that are set within a landscape of stunning natural beauty. In the afternoon after lunch depart through Central Greece and the cities of Lamia, Trikala crossing the Thessalian plain, to Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks, and crowded by the METEORA Monasteries.
Short stops along the way for shopping, snacks and stretching your legs!
Overnight stay in Kalambaka.
Day 2, After an early breakfast we head on to nearby Meteora a UNESCO world heritage site, for a tour of the cliff-top monasteries built on top of rock towers and providing fantastic views over the plain.
Majestic monasteries perched on top towering sandstone cliffs. Considered one of the most beautiful an unique attractions of mainland Greece. Return to Athens passing by the heroic monument of Leonidas king of Sparta in Thermopylae.
Inclusions can be tailor made and depend on your budget.
- 2-day excursion can be tailored to private groups or you may join an organized coach tour.
- Transfers and transportation in comfort
- Hotels, 3-4-5 star
- Meals, Refreshment & snacks
- Guided tours
- Visit Meteora and 1-6 Monasteries and Delphi site and museum
- For private groups the route and schedule is more flexible and we can suggest stops to visit shops, historical sites, nature/adventure options or more kid friendly activities and pace.